AN INITIATIVE TO HELP THE STUDENTS ONLINE.

Sunday 24 May 2020

English Grammar For Class 10- SYNTHESIS OF SENTENCES || QUESTION BANK SOLUTION.

SYNTHESIS OF SENTENCES 

1. He was honest. He was poor.
Ans : He was honest but poor.

2. Speak the truth. Then I shall pardon you.
Ans : Speak the truth and I shall pardon you.

3. The hunter looked over the rock. He saw the man-eater.
Ans : The hunter looked over the rock and saw the man-eater.

4. The baby walked. The mother walked along.
Ans : The mother walked along with the baby.

5. They live in a village. It is six miles away.
Ans : They live in a village which is six miles away.

6. The box is very heavy. I can't lift it.
Ans : The box is too heavy to lift.

7.  He tried hard. He failed in the examination.
Ans : Though he tried hard, but failed in the examination.

8. A man was running away. We saw the man.
Ans : We saw the man running away.

9. He will pass. There is no doubt about it.
Ans. There is no doubt that he will pass.

10. You were ill. I did not know it.
Ans : I did not know that you were ill.

11. It was a good idea. It was a dangerous idea.
Ans : Though it was a good, but dangerous idea.

12. She sang a song. Everybody liked it.
Ans : Everybody liked the song she sang.

13. He is hard-working. He is also intelligent.
Ans : He is not only hardworking but also intelligent.

14. My uncle built this bridge. He is an engineer.
Ans : My uncle who built this bridge is an engineer.

15. You will do well. There is no doubt about it.
Ans : There is no doubt about that you will do well.

18. This man is not educated. He is not intelligent either.
Ans : This man is neither educated nor intelligent.

19. He said something. I could not understand it.
Ans : I could not understand what he said.

20. My uncle is a novelist. Do you know him?
Ans : Do you know that my uncle is a novelist ?

21. He would not come. He made it clear.
Ans : He made it clear that he would not come.

22. The one-horned rhino is regarded as a rare animal. It is found only in Assam.
Ans : The one-horned rhino which is regarded as a rare animal is found only in Assam.

23. He suspected that the thief might still be inside the house. He quietly went away and informed the police.
Ans : Being suspected that the thief might be still be inside the house, he quietly went away and informed the police.

24. He is very weak. He can not move.
Ans : He is too weak to move.

25. She is not intelligent. She is not sincere.
Ans : She is neither intelligent nor sincere.

26. I know the boy. You helped him yesterday.
Ans : I know the boy who helped him yesterday.

27. I have not met him. I have not written to him.
Ans : I have neither met him nor written to him.

28. He received the news. He started for home.
Ans : Having received the news, he started for home.

29. This is the boy. He stood first in the class.
Ans : This is the boy who stood first in the class.

30. Alexander was the king of Macedonia.
He invaded India.
Ans : Alexander, the king of Macedonia, invaded India.

31. You get more. You want more.
Ans : If you get more, you want more.

32. He gifted me a pen. It's colour was red.
Ans : He gifted me a pen which colour was red.

33. He fled. He had seen a bear coming.
Ans : Having seen a bear coming, he fled.

34. He is honest. It is known to all.
Ans : It is known to all that he is honest.

35. The tiger saw the hunter. Then it ran away.
Ans : Having seen the hunter, the tiger ran away.

36. We must read attentively. We will fail in the examination.
Ans : We must read attentively or we will fail in the examination.

37. The man is sitting under a tree. He was very tired.
Ans : Being tired, the man is sitting under a tree.

38. He saw me. I got off the bus.
Ans : Having seen him, I got off the bus.

39. He is saying something. I can't hear it.
Ans : I can't hear what he is saying.

40. They have suggested something. I am against it.
Ans : I am against what they have suggested.

41. He is rich. He is not happy.
Ans : He is rich but not happy.

42. The stick is very short. It cannot reach the ceiling.
Ans : The stick is too short to reach the ceiling.

 


Share:

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Subscribe Here

Blog Archive

Recent Posts

Unordered List

Definition List

Pages

Theme Support